So I'm dispelling the myth of the unattainable high-end wedding registries and sharing the wisdom of fabulous wedding registry items for under $100 that is sure to make any bride or groom hug you for the thoughtfulness. Or even better, for any bride or groom to get excited about when they hit every budget across their registry spectrum!
* No matter where you register, you want to do it well in advance of your engagement party, bridal shower, and of course, the wedding. Give guests time to budget accordingly through your wedding-related events-- some may be attending more than one. It will also help you figure out what you truly need in your married life.
* Going online to different retail websites to register is one easy way to do wedding registries stress-free. And the cool thing about online wedding registries is that friends and family from all over the country can access it, email you any questions, and then can send their gift directly delivered to you-- even if they don't remember your new home address!
* Wedding website, yes. Invitation suite, no. Etiquette does say that it is perfectly acceptable to put a website link to your registry on your wedding website! So link away, happy couples! However, tradition still reigns true with your formal invitation suite-- never insert registry info in that envelope! Have your loved ones (especially lead bridal party ladies and gents) be the ones to communicate that important information.
* Register for more than what you think you need and in every price range. Giving people choices just makes the entire process easier. And above all, it's the considerate thing to do!
* Choose up to three retail locations for your wedding registries. Traditionally, it's best to choose one low, middle, and high retailer for each style and budget.
* And don't forget that Thank You note! Timing and choice of words are key. Check out our Tuesday Tidbits on Thank You Notes for the full scoop.
So are you ready to register? If you're a chef, baker, or hostess with the mostess, you'll definitely be inspired by what Williams-Sonoma has to offer at every price point. And here in the 757, we're in luck with three different locations! You can find Williams-Sonoma locations all over Hampton Roads in Virginia Beach, Williamsburg, and Norfolk. So grab that dream list and go!
To sweeten that sweet, sweet registry pot, if you do so now and between March 16, 2014, you will enter their Dream Registry Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $5,000 Williams-Sonoma Gift card plus weekly prizes from KitchenAid, Le Creuset, Wusthof and more dream kitchen paraphernalia!
And dear readers, just in case you want to send a little Tidewater and Tulle editor some love, you know, just because, I gladly accept Cup4Cup Gluten-Free Flour as a form of affection. ;)
You can get inspired by more eye candy à la Williams-Sonoma
on their Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.