Grab your teacups and craft supplies, and let's make some favors!
Queen of Hearts Tea Bags
- Small 3x4 Cotton Muslin Bags
- Heart and Crown Rubber Stamp (I found mine in Michael's seasonal section, but you can find a similar one on Amazon.)
- Colorbox Classic Pigment Ink, Chianti (or Merlot) Stamp Pad
- Gimbal's Cherry Lovers Heart-Shaped Candy
- Large Heart Craft Punch
- Assorted Tea Bags (I used a mixture of Twinings and Bentley's Raspberry teas.)
- Scraps of kraft paper, old paper shopping bags, or butcher paper
- Double-sided tape
Since this DIY is more of an assembly-related project, feel free to do any of these in whichever order you prefer.
Stamp your heart/crown on muslin bags and allow to dry. (If you use the stamp pad above, there is very little ink bleeding and it will dry quickly.) To clean your stamp, take a wet paper towel and "blind" stamp it until ink is removed.
Using the heart punch, punch enough paper hearts for each tea bag needed. For example, 1 tea bag = 2 paper hearts needed. Remove the branded commercial tags on your tea bags.
Cut small strips of double-sided tape and place one on one paper heart. Then place the tea bag string in between and another paper heart for a "heart sandwich." Want to personalize it? Write the date or small phrase on your paper heart!
To finish it up, place a few heart candies and your tea bag into the stamped muslin bag. Enjoy!
Feeling crafty? See all of Tidewater and Tulle's DIY projects and be inspired!