Tidewater and Tulle is an exclusive online wedding publication -- we do not accept submissions that have been featured previously on another wedding blog or magazine (with exception to your own personal blog). However, we might make an exception for real weddings that have an outstanding and unique southeastern Virginian story. When submitting, please indicate where it has already been published.
If you would like to resubmit your feature to another wedding publication after being published on Tidewater and Tulle, we ask that you wait two (2) months before submitting elsewhere and let the second publication know that it was first featured here on Tidewater and Tulle as industry courtesy and standard.
To avoid confusion, we only accept submissions from photographers/filmmakers or their wedding PR representatives. If you are a vendor or bride, please ask the photographer to submit. If the photographer/filmmaker is unavailable for any reason, wedding vendors may email chelsea (at) tidewaterandtulle (dot) com for a non-photographer/vendor submission form (** a limited release from the photographer will be required).
[To download for your website/blog, right click and "Save As."
If larger size is needed, click on image for full sized file.
• We accept real weddings, real engagements, bridal sessions, stylized shoots, and other wedding-related events/parties shot within the past 18 months.
• Using a 2 hours driving hours radius from the City of Hampton as a geographical guideline (the average that couples will drive for on their wedding day), all weddings/shoots must have taken place in Hampton Roads (Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk, Hampton, Newport News, Suffolk, Yorktown, Poquoson, Gloucester, or Williamsburg), Richmond, Emporia and surrounding areas, and the Eastern Shore in the beautiful coastal region of Virginia as well as the Outer Banks in North Carolina.
• Please only submit a wedding when you have express permission from the couple. We want them to be excited about being published!
• All submissions should receive a response within 14 business days. If you have not heard a response after 14 business days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to follow up.
• If your submission is accepted, please note that you can currently expect to be published within 2-3 months. You will receive an email with the date of your publication.
• Please send at least 30 photos for sessions and at least 75 for weddings and stylized shoots. This helps us curate, tailor, and create a unique story of your feature.
• A great submission consists of varied photos: 40% details, 40% people (candids and portraits), and 20% environment. All publications are different in their preferences, but here at Tidewater and Tulle, we prefer a balance for an aesthetically-pleasing feature.
• All images should be sized no smaller than 1200px. High-resolution photos are not needed, but your photos should be unwatermarked, uncollaged, and without additional graphics/borders.
• If you are new to submitting to wedding blogs, please read our past educational features: How to Get Published and How to Create the Perfect Submission.
SUBMISSIONS VIA ONLINE FORM:
When submitting by the online form (see below), be sure to include:
• Your business name, your full name, your social media links, date and location of the event, the couple's names, and the couple's email address. And most importantly, a download PIN if your photo gallery requires it for downloading.
• A description about the event. Please provide all details you can as this will give a more well-rounded picture of the event's story.
• A complete list of ALL vendors who contributed to the event. If a vendor is unknown, please contact the bride/groom for information before submitting. If there was a DIY element from a family member or friend, please state that. An incomplete list will negate your submission.
• A wedding submission should have as many of the following vendors as applicable: Venue, photography, event coordination, bridesmaid attire, florals, hair and makeup, stationery, gowns/suits, videography, entertainment, event rentals (lighting, furniture, equipment, etc), cake/sweets, and catering. Please email any questions if unsure.
• If using Dropbox to submit, please do not share the Dropbox folder separately. Please copy and paste the public link of your folder and include that on your online submission form. For more information, please see Dropbox's guide to sending links.