PERKS OF THE NEW BEST BUY WEDDING REGISTRY
* Group Gifting. Wedding guests can now contribute to higher priced necessities without footing the entire bill! Seriously a rarity in most registry programs - it's just genius to have people pitch in little bits!
* Free Shipping. No matter how big or small the gift is and with no minimum purchase, your guests can send anything on your registry with free shipping… which is huge when the pennies add up as a wedding guest during busy wedding years.
REGISTRY IDEAS FOR HONEYMOONS
* DSLR Cameras and Lenses. I'm a little biased on this one since I'm a wedding photographer, but seriously, a good camera and a good lens is a must for the honeymoon. (Ironically enough, Rusty actually gave me a nice consumer zoom lens from Best Buy as my wedding gift!) My husband and I went to Belize and Cozumel for our honeymoon, and during our honeymoon, we climbed an ancient Mayan ruin. Beyond the coolness factor, there would have been no way that we would have gotten the shots we did without a good camera and a good lens. It was a total Rocky moment for us!
* Tablets. Don't take your laptop with you on your honeymoon! Bring something small and compact for emails, Facebook, eBooks, or movies on the go. As a frequent traveler, trust me, you will thank me later for not having to lug around that heavy equipment.
* Headphones. This is mostly my husband's recommendation. He's a music guy and can tell the difference between good headphones and great headphones. And it makes all the difference when on vacation! You'll just have to take his word for it. :)
REGISTRY IDEAS FOR MARRIAGE
* Small kitchen appliances. I'm not really a chef, so it's funny that one of the best gifts we received was a food processor. I didn't realize how much I'd use it until I was using it at least once a week for dinner. From slow cookers to Keurigs to toasters to microwaves, having the basics and sometimes more really makes those first months as newlyweds a lot easier.
* Apple TV or Roku Box. These streaming TV and radio interface units that connect to your TVs are hands down the most used gadget we have in our house. When we first got married, we got rid of our cable service and stuck to Netflix to save money. Even though we're in a better place financially now, we still haven't gone back to cable. We love our Apple TV unit!
* Gaming systems. Inexpensive date night-in right there! Pop in your favorite video game, pour some chips in a bowl, and open up those sodas. While I'm not much of a gamer, Rusty and I would play Mario Party a lot, so there's definitely a game for everyone. As newlyweds, doing things together at home is one of the best things about marriage.
Best Buy's wedding registry is definitely worth a look! There's a little bit of everything for everyone whether you're a hardcore gamer or culinary genius in the kitchen. So what sort of gadgets do you love?